Saturday, February 2, 2013

Take It Easy

That was Dad's favorite line, "Take it easy."  He himself was so relaxed that he did not have gray hair until his last years.  Mind you Dad lived into his mid-70s.

At this point in my life, it is key advice.  A million things seem to happen around me that I don't remember to relax.  This might be the year that I finally lose my battle with gray hair.  Or that I lose the beautiful texture in my hair.  Oh say it isn't so!

Could it be my job?  It's certainly not my career because I have been working at start-ups for over a decade.  I have not before attributed any gray hair to the natural chaos of building a company.

Could it be my friends?  There isn't any drama happening within any circle.

Could it be family?  I am not worried about my son or anyone else close to me.

Could it be that I need a vacation?  I took three trips last year.  I went to Indianapolis to see the Indy 500.  I went to New Orleans.  I went to San Diego.

Why am I so restless?  I should know this but I can't seem to put my finger on it.  Perhaps it's my need to accomplish.  What else do I need to accomplish?

I have chores. I have bills to pay.  I have a job.  I have family obligations.  I feel that I accomplish something every day with all these responsibilities.

What is it?  Why do I feel like there is something bigger out there for me?  Why do I feel like I have to pursue it?

Sorry Dad.  I can't take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment