Wednesday, February 6, 2013

All Work and No Play Makes Yolanda a Dull Girl

I'm still at work because I am drowning in all these deadlines.

Am I worried?  Not really.  I thought about this just moments ago and wanted to capture it in my blog quickly.  I am well known amongst my family and friends as a workaholic.  Damn proud of it too.  It's funny though that I don't stress.  Deadlines loom, but I refuse to freak out.  It takes quite a bit to make me snap.  (I snapped at work about a month ago, but it's rare.  I could disclose the circumstances, but I would not be doing anybody any favors.)

So having this ability to remain calm 99% of the time means I am dull and feel that I lead a dull life.  What is the best proof?  I have a blood pressure kit at home and took a reading last night.  It was the usual average of 99/68.  Those systolic and diastolic numbers are considered normal.  They seem fairly low though for somebody as restless and as much of a workaholic as I am.

Having low blood pressure can be a bad thing too.  Although, I'm not quite sure what the bad things are other than you are susceptible to fainting spells.  I thought I was leading an exciting life with all that Gangnam Style going on and more to come.  My cousin Pinky will be visiting President's Day weekend, and we will party and have a great time.  But that probably won't raise my blood pressure one blip.

The other day I blogged about being restless.  How can I be dull and restless at the same time?  It seems ironic or like an oxymoron.  Maybe I am an oxymoron.  I have heard people describe me as likeable.  Others have described me as intimidating.

Well whatever I am, I know that I love myself, that I work hard, and that I play hard!  That means I am not dull!

I will sign off now and get back to finishing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment