Saturday, February 2, 2013

Spiritual Guidance

Today is Vincent's birthday.  We went to the House of Genji for dinner.  After that, we went to Honeyberry for dessert.  We then relaxed at the Milpitas house full of deliciousness.

These simple moments are so precious to me.  I treasure the time I spend with my family and would not trade any of it for the world.

When it comes down to it, though, the time I have to spend with anyone is so little.  I am busy mostly, and honestly I like the time that I have to myself.  There is no way I could ever find myself in a serious relationship because I am selfish with my time and would not be able to dedicate enough attention to the other person.  It would not be fair.

There are four people that I want to spend more time with and should.  One is Vincent.  The others are Alexis, Kaelyn, and Keanu.  Who are they?  They are all my Godchildren. I've been honored with the responsibility of guiding them spiritually.

But how do I go about it?  I'm not quite sure.  When Christmas and their birthdays come around, it's easy to give them gifts.  Still, what is spiritual guidance, and how do you impart such wisdom to young ones?

I had a conversation a week ago with Vincent about the Big Bang Theory and Darwinism.  We also talked about Jesus and what His death meant to us.  We also touched on the Bible and Abraham and what our beliefs are.  Vincent just smiled at me when I asked him what he thought of my thought that God created the Big Bang Theory.

I might not be good at this spiritual guidance thing, but it sure feels good to have an intelligent exchange with a 15-year old kid.  So I can't wait to have more conversations with him and with my other Godchildren.  I can't wait to guide them, spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment