Friday, June 28, 2013

Everyone is on a Diet

I can still hear my nutrition teacher say what she said many times when I was studying nutrition in college.  She said, "Remember, everyone's on a diet."  It's true.  Look up the definition of diet.

So I'm always on a diet.  I'm continuing my juicing diet.  I have lost about 7 pounds so far.  It's not that tough either.  Today, I prepared carrot and spinach juice for breakfast.  For lunch, I made a strawberry, banana, and mango smoothie.  Between lunch and dinner, I snacked on almonds and pretzels.  For dinner, I am preparing a couple of artichokes.

It's late because I worked late and had to get gas and go to the store.  I bought more produce to make some homemade salsa.  I'll try to make two types --  pico de gallo and salsa ranchera.  I bought the corn chips as well.  I'll be bringing these to the potluck tomorrow in celebrating my dad's life.

So tomorrow we will gather and eat, and it will be a cheat day for me.  I'll cheat on my juicing diet, but I'll still be on a diet.  Everyone's on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment