Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Birthday Continues

It's still my birthday month.  I collected another gift yesterday.  My birthday club friends and I had lunch at Masa Sushi in Mountain View on San Antonio Road.  Love that place.  It's good stuff.

We've been getting together for years, close to two decades.  There's Silvia, Edward, Marina, Robert, and Ron. Sometimes in this busy and chaotic life I lead, I appreciate the constants such as this birthday club.  I can count on having my birthday lunch at Masa with them every year.

This is how constant they are - they still work at the City of Palo Alto where I met them.  Well Ron has retired from there.  But for me, after working at the City of Palo Alto, I moved on to Cooley Godward, Preston Gates, Cuica, Valdero, Hotchalk, and now Egnyte. I lived in San Jose, Sunnyvale, Modesto, Santa Clara, Daly City, back to San Jose, New York City, Milpitas, and back to San Jose again.  I don't think they've changed residences, not at least as much as I have. Whew!

So it's nice to know that I can count on them every year, constant bureaucrats, eating the Bento Box specials at Masa Sushi, drinking endless green tea, Silvia ordering extra dressing for her salad or extra Teriyaki sauce for her salmon, exchanging stories and news since last seeing each other, witnessing our kids grow up, etc.  Life is definitely good.  Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment