Monday, June 10, 2013

Tattoos in Moderation

You would be surprised to know that I have a couple of tattoos.  They are hidden. You might also be surprised to know that I had them done about 10 years ago in one session.  I like to think that I had my tattoos done before they became trendy.

I wasn't alone.  My sister Peach and my sister-in-law Lien were with me.  They also had a couple of tattoos done.  You might wonder what possessed us to do  this.  We weren't drunk.  We are a bunch of romantics, though, and watching the movie A Walk to Remember inspired us to do it.  If you haven't seen this movie, I recommend that you Netflix it or Redbox it or buy it.  You could also borrow my DVD if you ask me.

If you've seen it, you will recall the tattoo scene.  The tattoo was a butterfly.  We decided to have a butterfly tattoo in our favorite color done on our left shoulder.  It was a way to remember the scene.  *Sigh*  It was the most romantic part of the story.

While we were at the tattoo parlor in Modesto, we called Rose, our younger sister, and managed to convince her to join us.  She drove the hour and a half distance with reluctance because she has low tolerance for pain.  Being the great sister that she is, Rose not only showed up, but she also had a couple of tattoos done.

The same tattoo artist did all of our tattoos, and so we were at the parlor for a long time.  It was a day well spent.  Ahhhhhh.  Sister bonding.  In a tattoo parlor.  In Modesto.  My sisters and I have been involved in so many shenanigans.  Getting our tattoos done was one of the best times.  Rose might beg to differ, but I'm sure she recalls that time fondly.

Soon after that, my niece Naomi had a butterfly tattoo done on her shoulder.  Our sister-in-law Cecilia also had a butterfly tattoo done.   We are the Butterfly Sisters.

Since that shenanigan, Peach and Lien have both proceeded with additional tattoos.  I've lost count.  Rose understandably cannot take the pain.  She has not had any additional tattoos done.  We chose different locations for our second tattoo.  I'll keep you guessing on where my second tattoo is.  It's a purple crab for my zodiac sign.

Unlike Rose, I didn't think it hurt at all.  My tolerance for pain is high.  But I don't want or need anymore tattoos.  It's an indulgence that, like all other indulgences, should be done in moderation.  I have a two tattoo limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment