Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Open Letter to Rude People

My awareness of recent rudeness began last Thursday on the Fourth of July.  I could be exaggerating, but at times I am appalled at what can be explained as plain and simple human nature.  But do people really behave in such a manner on a daily basis?  I encountered rudeness a few times last week, and so I am writing to these people.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 at Central Park in Santa Clara, California

Dear Rude Lady in the Large Floppy Hat:

My family and I and thousands of other people had been waiting for the fireworks display for just about 6 hours as the sun beat us down.  You were oblivious to us as I'm sure we were oblivious to you.  I don't know what time you arrived.  I don't know if you were there with your family, enjoying each other's company just as my family and I were enjoying ourselves.  The buildup of excitement and anticipation finally came to the climax when the glorious show of pyrotechnics began.  Ahhhhh.  But then you Ms. Floppy, coitus interruptus, came along about 10 minutes later and blocked my family's view.  Didn't you notice that you were the only one standing?  Didn't you hear our boos and hisses?  You were obviously mesmerized by the fireworks display but at our expense.  When my nephew finally stood up, tapped you on the shoulder, and politely asked you to move, you did so but not without making sarcastic remarks.  I didn't hear exactly what you said, but I understand that it was something about your being more than happy to move so as not to ruin our day. When you finally disappeared out of our view into the backdrop of the thousands of other onlookers that night, I imagined that you probably stopped and stood and blocked others' views.  Then I snapped back to the show and the music.  Another 10 minutes passed, and suddenly, the fireworks display stopped.  However, the music continued through to what was supposed to be the occurrence of an accompanying grand finale of simultaneous, multi-colored, fast and furious visual bursts and aurally loud bangs and booms.  The Santa Clara Fireworks Extravaganza came to a disappointing end, and I blame you Ms. Floppy.  You are either a witch (not in disguise) who killed the evening for us and cursed the show, or you are a lonely, old jaded woman who probably just needs a good romp in the hay.

Saturday, July 6, 2013 at TechCU Drive-Thru ATM in Milpitas, California

Dear Rude Lady with the French Manicure Driving a Luxury Foreign Car:

I saw you at the drive-thru ATM when I was the at the stoplight waiting to turn left.  When I drove up behind you, I didn't think you would spend at least an additional 5 minutes to complete your transactions or money laundering or whatever you were doing.  What were you doing?  I saw you insert an ATM card 3 times, and each time you inserted cash into the machine and withdrew cash from the machine.  What was that about?   I'm sure you didn't know that I was in a hurry, which contributed to my impatience.  But I had been there dozens of times before, and had not had such an issue, with past drivers before me always aware of me behind them or with me always aware of others behind me.  The transactions at a drive-thru ATM should be quick.  Doesn't "drive-thru" connote "fast and convenient"? Well that day, Ms. French, you were "slow and inconvenient." I think you were executing all those button-pressing transactions so you could admire your well-manicured nails. You are either a witch (in disguise) who almost made me late for my appointment or you are an insecure woman who probably just got paid for a good romp in the hay.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 on 680 in Fremont, California

Dear Rude Lady Driving the Horrendous Domestic Green Minivan:

I was merrily driving on 680 in the fast lane on my way to a wedding reception, when I spotted you Ms. Minivan.  You are just like the countless others I have encountered in the fast lane on many different highways in the many years I've been driving.  At least you weren't putting make-up on.  I've seen that before.  But you were driving the speed limit in the fast lane, with 6 cars behind you.  What possesses you to do that?  Aren't you aware of the rules of the road?  First of all, minivans should not be allowed in the fast lane because more than likely, they have children on board.  And they probably are not able to go faster than the speed limit.  Secondly, when you are in the fast lane, and someone approaches you from behind at a higher rate of speed, you should move out of the way by switching lanes.  Any highway patrolman will advise this.  Never mind that you are driving the speed limit and they are driving in violation of the speed limit.  The fast lane means that there will always be someone who will want to drive faster than others, no matter what speed limit the others are driving at, so get out of the way.  You should have moved out of the way Ms. Minivan, but you are tame in comparison to the other Rude Ladies.  You are probably not a witch, and because you drive a minivan, you probably have a van load of children.  I'm sure you've had your romps in the hay.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment