Sunday, June 23, 2013

Because I Am a Control Freak

My Skype handle is ycc,ccf.  My Youtube handle is yccccf.  It means "Yolanda Celi, Certified Control Freak."

Oh I don't control other people.  That's just bad practice.  I control myself, especially when I need self-control.  I then go into hyper mode.  I'm finally going hyper mode with my weight control.

Over the past year or two, I have felt tired and downright sluggish.  I couldn't pinpoint the problem and tried to attribute it to working a lot and being oversubscribed.  But I realized finally what the cause is.  When we started a fitness challenge at work a couple of months ago, I remembered that I am supposed to weigh about 110 pounds but I was nearing 120 pounds.  That extra 10 pounds is what was contributing to the fatigue.  It just does not naturally fit my frame, and my body was telling me that in so many ways.

So I changed my diet almost at a drastic pace.  But it's healthy.  I've done this before when the weight came off quickly but it was too quick.  This time, I am combining a sensible diet and sensible exercise.  I cut coffee out and I juice daily.  It's working because I have lost 5 pounds in just 2 weeks.  My goal is to lose 10 pounds and maintain the 110.

How do I feel?  I feel great!  I don't have the caffeine crashes, and I feel lighter when I run.  I throw in a cheat day so that I don't completely give up my social life.  For example, I had a smidgen of white wine at our beer bash last Thursday.  And I had mango, blackberries, canteloupe, pancit, spam musubi, and bilo bilo at Naomi's graduation party last night.  I also had a mojito, a shot of Patron, and a shot of Jack Daniels Honey.  That all set me back a pound.

But I'm back at it today.  I'm also preparing for the Wharf to Wharf.  It's time to juice and go out for a run.  YCCCCF!

No comments:

Post a Comment