Saturday, July 13, 2013

Juicing and Cheating

The fourth week of my fitness challenge is coming to a close.  I changed my diet to comprise primarily of juicing.  I then add some cheat days and discovered that I can totally control my weight.  Control freak! I've lost about 8 pounds now.  My goal is 10.  I am also preparing for the Wharf to Wharf race on July 28.

I am doing this through the end of July.  I also gave up coffee, although I miss that very much.  I might pick up that habit again when I am done in July, but I will probably continue the juicing and what I consider cheating.   If I juice 6 days and cheat 1 day, I lose weight.  If I juice 4 days and cheat 3 days, my weight seems to stay the same.  So that could be the key.  Cheating to me means eating mainstream fare, such as Italian food for dinner or Sushi for lunch or Chinese food at a party.

I will have to figure this out, but I know for sure that juicing is a good thing and that I will do this for the rest of my life.  I use the Jack Lalanne juicer, which is a fairly good one at the price I purchased it for.  It is also very easy to clean and maintain.

I will also continue running because it's free and not as impactful on my body.  My knees have been doing well.  That could be due to the fact that I skipped summer bowling and cross fit training.  When I was into these two activities earlier this year, my knee was complaining.  I had to wear a knee brace in order to bowl.

I'm still on the fence about bowling winter season.  I will post a blog about this another time, but there are just forces that sometimes discourage me from this sport, even though I get better and better at it every year.

For now, I will focus on me and my health and working through this fitness challenge.  I need to make sure that I keep running and juicing and cheating, past July and for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment