Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fitness Challenge Done

Today is my last day on this fitness challenge.  I didn't lose exactly 10 pounds.  I lost 9.  I was close.  But I'll keep on trying to lose that last pound.  This will keep me motivated.

I finished the Wharf to Wharf 10K on Sunday for the 11th time (I think).  CJ finally ran it, the little turkey.  But he suffered because he didn't train for it.  I trained by running 3 miles every other day for a month and a half, but my feet started to cramp right after the first mile.  I kept going though!

This challenge has been going on since the beginning of June.  I am going to stick to juicing, but cheat every once in awhile.  I lost belly fat, which is awesome.  So this challenge helped me identify what I need to do to keep my weight down and energy up as I enter into menopause territory.  I am in control.

The key is to keep juicing and running.  You'll see me out there running every other day, because in my opinion, it is the best form of exercise.  I just need to get better running shoes.

So fitness challenge is done.  What's next?  I'd better re-focus on bowling.  I didn't bowl all Summer, and one of my teammates, Mark, sent me a text to check if I was still alive.  That was pretty funny.

Ahhhh, I have to admit - life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment