Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Purple Leg

I played catcher last week at our softball game.  Egnyte participates in a corporate league at Twin Creeks in Sunnyvale.  It's co-ed, and we don't have an extraordinary amount of females wanting to play.  The rules require at least three women to play.

I like to play, though I don't particularly like to be the catcher.  I should have crouched down the way professional catchers do, but it feels awkward to do that.  When the batters let the ball get past them, the ball didn't always end up in my glove.  Sometimes, they would hit my shin and my knee, all on my left leg.  A couple of days later, my left leg turned purple.  What could be better than my left leg turning into my favorite color?

I thought the purpleness would eventually go away so I could play again, but it didn't.  Additionally, my ankle swelled up and turned purple.  The swollen ankle had nothing to do with my softball injuries.  That's another issue.  Both my ankles were swollen, and I think it has to do with my unusually low blood pressure.

So I had to skip this past Thursday's game.  I still went to cheer the team on and hang out for pizza and beer.  Today, the swollen ankles are no more.  However, the purpleness is still there and has spread down to the edge of my foot.  None of the swelling or softball injuries or purpleness has caused me any pain.  I have a high tolerance level.

I guess I love purple so much that these events happened to cause my leg to turn purple but with absolutely no pain.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment