Saturday, March 16, 2013

Typical Saturday

Usually, when I join a start-up early on, I work both Saturday and Sunday.  I still work here and there on Saturday, but I try to spend more time by myself or with my family.  Family is very important to me.  It's also important that I spend time alone and get personal chores done.

It used to be easy to sleep in on weekends.  As I get I older, I find myself waking up just as early as a regular work day.  Sometimes I wake up earlier.

Today will be a typical Saturday for me.  I will go eat breakfast at Jollibee or McDonald's or Hobee's.  These places are close to me.  I rarely cook breakfast.  I rarely cook any meals for that matter.  Even though I love to cook, I don't like cooking for myself.  On the occasions that I do, it's usually at someone else's house or for guests at my house.

After breakfast, if I don't have a bowling tournament or a family function, I do chores.  The chores could include laundry, vacuuming, mopping the floors, and scrubbing toilets, sinks and showers.  Sometimes I clean out my garage.  Every once in awhile, I clean the porch.  Sometimes it's off to the store to buy water, juice, milk, cleaning supplies, and an inventory of soap and shampoo and toothpaste and paper products.  By 6:00 p.m., I'm done.

Saturday evenings offer a ton of options.  Sometimes I go to clubs with family and friends.   Sometimes I make an appearance at parties.  Sometimes I watch movies and go out to dinner.

That's a typical Saturday for me.  It's dull and boring.  I have plenty of Saturdays that are not typical for me, but I don't want to post on those just yet.  Ho hum.

I am mixing it up a bit today.   I plan to see Les Miserables again with Lien.  She has not seen it yet.  Zaldy will drop off Lien at my place because Zaldy does not want to see it.  That's why Lien has not seen it yet.  She had nobody else to go with. We tried to go see it about a month ago with Peach but we failed that day.  That was a funny incident.  Peach and I had seen it back in January and cried our eyes out.

After that, I'll do my chores and think about what I'll do this evening.  I had plans to go see a show and dinner, but the plans changed last week.  Perhaps I should make this a non-typical Saturday and go see Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment