Saturday, March 23, 2013

Busted Bracket Busted My Day

Today was a great day almost all the way through, but something ruined it.  My March Madness bracket got busted.  I didn't even know until I saw it come across the eleven o'clock news at a house that I am usually not at.

The day started with work as usual, with operations running smoothly.  I was looking forward to having lunch with Edward because it was our chance to reconnect and catch up.  We decided to go to Blowfish, and our meeting went very well.

Then I went to get the Audi at the shop.  It was all fixed, and driving it was a treat.  I might have a new baby.  Move over Mustang.

When I returned to work, there were meetings to go to and paperwork to push and process.  Thank goodness we had done the beer bash the day before, because my afternoon became more hectic.  I had to do a hard stop on everything though because I had to pick up Mom and spend quality time with her.

We ran into one of the numerous people Mom knows and drove her to her home in Palo Alto.  When we dropped her off, she invited us into her house.  We stayed for a little bit, and then the news flash about the Georgetown upset completely broke my heart.  What a drag.

Then after dropping Mom off at my sister's house, I went home only to discover that I didn't have my house key.  I called CJ, who was in Oakland at a party, and he said he was in no condition to drive.  Nobody else had  a spare key.  This meant I was locked out.  My house key and my sister's house key look almost the same, and apparently I had the wrong key. I had accidentally swapped keys on the Mustang key chain.

Now I find myself at my sister's house, blogging.  I had to do some work emails first.  It's already about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, and I am restless.  My day went downhill after learning about my March Madness Mistake.  And now I have to wait for CJ to let me into my own home.  Ugh!

1 comment: