Sunday, October 6, 2013

Time Well Spent

I love days like today when I am so busy with so many things but actually enjoy every minute instead of stressing over things that need to get done.

I woke up fairly early to catch up on some emails.  Soon I was off to pick up my older sister Peach, who lives on the other side of San Jose.  We went to her work and then stopped off at a nearby McDonald's to have breakfast.  I love McDonald's coffee.

We then headed to Fremont to another McDonald's.  I think that is the first time I have ever done a McDonald's to McDonald's Point A to Point B drive in my life!  We picked up some lunch for my nephew Lucas.  He requested a Big Mac. We visited with Lucas, who currently lives in Fremont, for about an hour and a half.

After that, Peach and I went to Westover to pick up my wine club quarterly shipment.  We tasted some wine while we were there.  I love wine.

Soon we were heading back to San Jose.  We decided to stop off at Pho Mai in Milpitas for lunch.  I didn't eat much -- just some chicken wings.  It was cool to see silogs on the menu there.  Restaurants are sometimes interesting when there is cross-culturalism.

After that, my sister and I went to my place so that I could change clothes and practice my script for my video shoot at Stanford University.  That entire exercise was almost 3 hours.  There was football game traffic at Stanford.  That caused only a slight delay.  At least my sister was able to witness what I do for fun when I'm not working.  It was work but it was fun work.

After Stanford, we needed a boost.  So we stopped off at Starbuck's in Milpitas.  We also picked up lotto tickets at the liquor store a couple of doors down from Starbuck's.  Soon, we were heading to the Target at North San Jose, where we shopped for a bit. We then went back to my place so that I could change back to jeans casual.

Were we done?  Almost.  We  then went to Lance and Flo's house warming in Southeast San Jose.  It was also Lance's birthday celebration and one of their son's (Joshua) birthday.  We stuffed our faces with Filipino food, drank Lance's dessert wine (cherry infused), and sang karaoke.  We were the last ones to arrive and the last ones to leave.

Finally, my sister and I were done.  I took her back home, and I just arrived home about an hour ago.  This is a fairly typical Saturday for me.  Thank God for family and friends and events and fun work that keep me out of trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment