Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Great Week So Far...

I normally think of Monday as the start of a week, because Sunday is the day of rest.  However, weeks don't necessarily have to start on Monday.  This great week started last Thursday, when it was the last night of bowling in the TNBA 2012-2013 winter league.  I was named most improved bowler 2 years in a row.  That was a nice start.

On Friday, I met up with an old friend I had not seen in almost 2 years.  He moved back to Australia, the awesome Aussie that he is.  We went to check out a popular underground bar called Single Barrel in Downtown San Jose.  It supposedly is a speakeasy.  Go look up that definition and you might understand its novelty.  I really didn't.  But it was cool to check it out anyway.  I couldn't read the damn menu because it was so dark, but I believe that was intentional.  The bar tender ended up interviewing me for a drink, which was just so-so.  That didn't matter.  The company was definitely a distraction anyway.  :)

We then walked to McCormick & Schmick's, one of my favorite steak places.  We had a nice, healthy dinner, although my friend didn't really eat much.  I loved the way they presented the lobster bisque and told CJ about it.  He just might incorporate that in his cooking talent.

I had to call it an early night with my pal from Down Under, but we'll see each other again.  I'm really keen on the idea of visiting him in Sydney.  Additionally, he will probably be back in San Jose for more business sometime in July.

The early night Friday was so that I could rehearse my lines for a video shoot Saturday morning at Stanford University.  That turned out very well because I only had to do it in 2 takes.  I felt very confident and comfortable with my material.

After Stanford, I drove to Modesto to see my mom and spend the weekend with her for Mother's Day.  We went to bingo, her favorite activity.  I ended up winning a $300 game.  That was cool.  My sister joined us later after bingo.  We had dinner and did karaoke.  My mom is a fabulous cook.  Fabulous.  I'm surprised we're all not fat.

Sunday was more quality time with my mom. Our other siblings and their families joined.  Some couldn't make it.  It was more bingo.  I won $50 and got my money back.  I've been playing so much bingo lately that it is becoming ridiculous.  I need to stop.

I left early evening and arrived home around 7:15 p.m.  CJ was at my place preparing a gourmet meal.  He did not start until I arrived, and his gourmet meals take some preparation time.  He bought me a bouquet of purple tulips and gave me a reading lamp as a gift.  He made the reading lamp.  I didn't realize my kid was so crafty.  The reading lamp has a purple cord.

The meal itself was not only gourmet but also clever. CJ thought of a purple theme.  If you haven't guessed already, my favorite color is purple.  The appetizer was shrimp and Gouda cheese wrapped in purple eggplant and garnished with cheddar cheese and a pink pesto sauce.  The main course was Chilean sea bass seared and baked in a purple beet broth, and served on white asparagus.  The dessert was purple jazmine rice pudding.  The final part of CJ's Mother's Day gift to me was a movie.  We went to see Iron Man 3 in Real 3D.  We caught the 11:00 p.m. show.  The movie was well worth it.  We stayed through the end, after the credits, to catch the bonus.

Needless to say, I was tired on Monday.  It was good that Monday was uneventful, which I consider good these days.  On Tuesday, it was also uneventful.  I had a conversation earlier that put me in a quandary, but it's nothing that I can't handle.  I'm sure a resolution will come along.

It's now Wednesday morning.  I am bummed that I won't be able to meet up with Cheryl this evening.  She's on business and is going back to Seattle Thursday.  I completely forgot that I will be going to see Star Trek in Real 3D with CJ and Karen.  Karen also offered to cook a Thai meal.  Another gourmet meal and a movie, in 3D!  I am looking forward to all that.

So far it's a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment